Friday, October 28, 2011

"Faith Over Fear"

"For many people, dealing with cancer is outside of their comfort zone and I can certainly understand how that can have a tremendous effect on one’s psyche. However, with God in the forefront, it has been a rewarding experience for me and has allowed me an opportunity and forum at times to witness to many people over the past several months. I, too, have been blessed and very fortunate to have been touched by others through their testimonies and inspirational life stories. It has been a real Godsend to express to those that are troubled that it is not the end, just the end of a very brief episode. I am honored if I can help one person move to the next place/stage in their disease, wherever that may be. Nothing can please one’s heart more when an acquaintance that shared their story just days earlier and were not feeling good about the possible outcome, then exclaims to you their good news of that day. Whether it be their spouse’s cancer is in remission or the tumor has shrunk substantially and the doctors have no medical/logical explanation of how the healing occurred.

When an illness or unjust suffering is in your life, it is important to stay focused and find a fixed reference point. Return to the protection and security in Jesus Christ, who endured the cross and laid down His life for you. Many Christian friends and loved ones have stood with me and my family in these extremely difficult times for us. God says to stand on what He has promised and I know that He has given me the energy, the will, and the passion to see me through all that I have endured in fighting my disease."

Written by Larry Davis on September 26, 2007

No comments: