How far along: 22 weeks on the 22nd! The Lord is so kind to me.
Size of baby: spaghetti squash
Total weight gain/loss: +12 pounds
Sleep: Still great. I am learning to like sleeping on my side... but it may be easier to just sleep in the bathroom :)
Cravings/Aversions: Loving acidic things: pickles, orange juice, tomatoes, salt and vinegar chips, collards with (lots and lots of) apple cider vinegar, cucumbers in rice vinegar. I could just about drink vinegar from a bottle. Still not wanting chicken. Blech!
Exercise: Running, running, running and feeling good, good, good! On pace to log 40 miles this month.
Movement: This little dude is very active! I feel him all throughout the day and a lot at night when I'm lying in bed. Ryan felt him kick for the first time on January 14th at one day shy of 21 weeks.
Labor Signs/Symptoms: none
Best moment this week: We had our anatomy scan last week at our 21 week appointment. It was so amazing to see his growing little self. Levi is still a boy and measuring right on track! We praise God for a healthy baby so far! I think the best moment of the scan was when the nurse identified Levi's heart and said, "You can see the heart and the 4 chambers because there is a cross in the middle." Ryan said, "Tell me that's not a God thing!" The Lord loves this child, has a plan for him, and reveals Himself to us through a cross in our sons's beating heart. Miraculous!
What I am looking forward to: Starting the nursery! We painted the nursery last weekend and I can't wait to see my navy, aqua and gray vision for his room unfold. It took awhile to land on the perfect choice for Levi's bedding, but we finally decided on something from Pottery Barn Kids and I love it!
What I miss: Sleeping without having to use the restroom multiple times a night!
What I’m reading: I am currently reading Tim Keller's The Meaning of Marriage (which I highly recommend!) and have postponed BabyWise until closer to Levi's arrival. My dear friend and baby expert, Kyndra, suggested I read Happiest Baby on the Block before I read BabyWise so that's my plan. She has 3 little boys and could write a book with all of her mommy wisdom! I'm so thankful for her and all of my other mommy friends (Meg, Jess, and Mere especially) who I've been able to learn from and who are walking this beautiful journey with me!
((Ezekiel 36:26))
And I will give you a new heart, and
a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from
your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

3 comments:
Yay! Love hearing how things are progressing!
Thank you, Abbey! xoxo
Love this post!:) You look great!!!
Post a Comment