The Davis girls have been trying out for Lexington
cheerleading ever since I was entering the 7th grade. I fell in love
with Shannon “Coach” Canady while taking Creative Dance at LMS and knew instantly
I wanted to be one of HER cheerleaders. I made c-team in 7th
grade and cheered until I graduated. I can honestly say that cheerleading
helped me SANELY get through high school. When I think of high school: I think
of cheerleading. When I think of my best friend: I think of cheerleading. When
I think of my sweet Ryan playing football: I think of cheerleading. When I think of the Davis family of four at their best: I think of cheerleading. When I
think of going to get a physical at the high school the week after making the
team (arriving late and having to go in with the boys): I think of Jessica
Weeks Yelton. And cheerleading. :)
Fast forward a few years… Now my amazing baby sister decides
she, too, wants to cheer. So what did we do (in our parent’s apartment in
Houston, no doubt)? Learned the Ltown cheers and band dances, worked on
jumps and perfected her tumbling. She made the team in 7th grade and I became the c-team cheerleading coach. The.Best.Of.Both.Worlds. Teaching what
I love to the little sis I love. Needless to say, my life has been surrounded
with all things competitive cheer for the past 13 years. This brings me to the
point of my post… this week Holley Girl tries out for cheerleading for her
SENIOR YEAR… The VERY LAST TIME! Her talent, grace and love for the sport have
astounded me over the past several years. I have loved every minute of watching
her cheer and compete and will savor every
moment of her upcoming senior year.
Good luck this week, Holley!! I am so proud of who you are
inside and out!! ENJOY your last week ever of cheerleading tryouts! I love you! :)

1 comment:
Love!!! I can't believe Holley will be a senior!!! We are OLD!
Post a Comment