Monday, February 29, 2016

Levi {9 Months}








Size: 19 lbs, size 4 diaper, 9-12 month clothes

Eating: Around 8 months I stopped making purees and started offering more finger foods-- so he is feeding himself for the most part with the exception of cereal and sweet potatoes, etc. We also introduced some protein (beans) and pasta (gluten free spiral noodles) and he loves them! He has had almost every kind of fruit, vegetable and bean now and we plan to introduce meat soon. He eats 3 meals, one snack, takes 3 (5 oz) bottles of breast milk a day, and nurses before bed (7 am, 10:30 am, 3:30 pm, 6:30 pm).

A few weeks ago I decided I would do an experiment and try to introduce a tiny bit of dairy, soy, and gluten in increments to see how he would react. He reacted fine to the gluten (Jimmy John's sandwich bread and oatmeal) but threw up and screamed with stomach pains after eating soy (Moe's chicken) and also with dairy (butter). It was miserable for everyone. It took several days to get out of my milk, but he returned to his normal self as soon as it left his system. So, I am still dairy and soy free but am now eating gluten by way of oatmeal. I have come to prefer the gluten free noodles and we don't buy bread- so I am still mostly gluten free as well. 

Sleeping: Sleeps 12 hours at night (7 p.m. ish - 7 a.m.) and still takes a morning and afternoon nap. I plan to hang on to both naps for as long as possible :)

Milestones:
~started crawling on all fours on Feb. 7. He is officially on the move and all over the place! He is lightning fast too! 
~pulling up on everything and standing. We lowered his crab a couple of weeks ago because he was standing and ready to jump out :)
~waves on command :) and clapping on command as of today! 
~reflux has been gone for a good 6+ weeks now. Thank you Lord!!!

Likes: riding in shopping carts, Finley's red bone (he thinks it's his toy), looking at himself in the mirror, still loves his jumper, finding every electrical outlet in our house, opening and closing doors, being outside, eating snacks, "yelling" and getting people's attention- this boy has some pipes!

Dislikes: occasionally resists being put in car seat or high chair

Mommy's running buddy
My littlest valentine 
Look mom!!
standing and playing like a big boy

((Psalm 73:28))
But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all your works.

No comments: