I had the opportunity to attend the Trinity Focus Group
luncheon at the Summit Club today. Debby Jones, wife of CIU’s president, was
the featured speaker so she invited me and a few of my co-workers to join. Not
only did she share a little bit about Worthy: An Event for Young Women, but she
gave a message that the Lord prepared
just for me. ;) For starters, it was based on my life verse: Proverbs
3:5-6. So I knew I was in for a treat right from the get-go.
She talked about
how we have a glancing and a gazing problem. Too often we GAZE over our problem,
complain until we are blue in the face and occasionally GLANCE at God. This
lifestyle becomes our default when we are not spending daily time in the Word
and trusting Him with all of our hearts- just as Proverbs instructs. When we lean on our own understanding and gaze (with temporal eyes!) at our problem instead of at our God; we are depending on our own strength
instead of His. How selfish that is!
We think fixating on
all that we want to change about our situation will somehow give God a hint to do something
about it. That’s not how it works. He longs for us to gaze at HIM, not our circumstance. Isaiah 14:24 says, "Surely, just as I have intended so it has happened." Do we really think He doesn't know what's going on in our lives?
Our posture should be towards the Heavens…
leaning on Him alone to satisfy us and care for our "problems." I desperately needed to hear this simple yet profound
message today—so maybe it will help someone else too. I was convicted, reminded, and inspired to
shift my focus off of myself and towards the God of the universe. He is worthy.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:
Post a Comment