God, in his great mercy, has given me the strength to carry on over the last four years with a hope-filled heart. Even though I miss my Dad and long not to have to acknowledge anniversaries like these, I know that none of this caught the Lord by surprise on November 22, 2008. I am thankful that He is the Author and knows the number of our days and that His resurrection promises me that my citizenship is in heaven.
Today I give thanks for Hope that is firm, secure and anchors my soul for eternity. I have hope because the same God who was raised from the dead is the One preparing a place for me in the heavenly realms… right beside my Dad. I am thankful that in life and in death His grace saves me, sustains me, and gives me hope. I am thankful that, if I have nothing else, I always have Hope.
Four years after my Dad’s ushering home to be with the Lord, I will celebrate Thanksgiving with my husband and his family. My angel of a father will be celebrating at the table of the King. Oh, Glorious Day!
| Thanksgiving 2007 - Houston, Texas |
Because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because I know
He holds the future
And life and is worth the living
Just because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because I know
He holds the future
And life and is worth the living
Just because he lives
Happy Thanksgiving

No comments:
Post a Comment