Friday, November 21, 2014

Bumpdate {13 Weeks}

Can’t believe I’m actually writing a bumpdate! Praise be to God! I always imagined these days and now that they are actually here it seems so surreal. I don’t plan to do an update every week, but will aim for at least once a month. I have always kept a prayer journal and have been keeping track of all the details of this pregnancy there… but I figured it would be fun to share some tidbits here too. So here goes:
No bump yet but I know it's coming! :)
How far along: 13W1D
Size of baby: peach
Total weight gain/loss+4 pounds
SleepSleep is great (and is oh so very precious to me). I usually get up a couple of times a night to use the restroom but fall right back to sleep. Hallelujah!
Cravings/Aversions: From weeks 6-11 I battled CONSTANT nausea. Fortunately, I can count on one hand how many times I actually threw up during those weeks, but needless to say, I have never eaten so many saltines or drank so much ginger ale in my life! For a non-soda drinker, I am almost positive that some of those 4 pounds came from all that ginger ale I downed! ;) I thought for sure I'd be the girl with all the indulgent cravings, but up to this point I have been the girl with all the aversions! From weeks 7-10 I tried to find things I could tolerate and ate them until I didn't want to see them ever again—I ate a Groucho’s Apollo 3 days in a row, then was on a soup kick for about 5 days in a row and have probably eaten at least 4 steaks during this pregnancy so far. I have been able to maintain my daily intake of 100 ounces of water (5 years strong!) and continue to eat as many fruits and veggies as possible… Apples, bananas and grapes- oh my! As cliche as it sounds, the only thing I have craved at this point is pickles. Jars on jars on jars of Vlasic Kosher Dill Spears!!! My coffee addiction has disappeared which has worked out great! I always wondered how I would survive without my morning coffee but being repulsed by the thought and smell of it has done the trick. I didn't even suffer any withdrawal headaches- PTL! My sweet tooth has also disappeared... wonder how long that will last?! My nausea has been minimal since week 11, and while I'm grateful to God for the physical signs of a growing life inside of me, I am SO thankful that I'm starting to feel normal again! 
Gender: Ryan and I have both *thought* boy from the beginning but we will be thrilled with either and are praying for a HEALTHY baby. 
Exercise: As a year-round runner, I run an average of 50 miles per month when I'm not training for a race. I was only able to run 15 miles in October due to my nausea so I opted for long walks with Finley instead. I'm finally back to running now that I'm starting to feel better and am on pace to run 40 miles or so in November. Lord willing, I plan to continue running as long as I am able through this pregnancy. 
MovementToo early to feel any movement but we have SEEN him/her jump around during one of our ultrasounds- so neat! 
Labor Signs/SymptomsLet’s pray I’m not writing anything here for several more months!
Best moment this week: Hearing baby's heartbeat (160 bpm) this morning at our 13 week appointment. It was 168 at 12 weeks and 152 at 8 weeks :)
What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender!! We both can hardly wait.
What I’m reading: I have been blessed by a sweet little devotional journal called "Waiting in Wonder." I gave this book to Megan when she was pregnant with Isaac and couldn't wait for my turn to pray through this book. It outlines your baby's growth and development, includes a memory verse for mommy, and a special prayer for baby for every week of pregnancy. 

…let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.  
((Hebrews 10:22-23))

No comments: