Saturday, February 14, 2015

Bumpdate {25 Weeks}

Before dinner at Miyo's with my Valentine

How far along25w2d

Size of baby: turnip

Total weight gain/loss+15 pounds

Sleep: Sleep is still good but interrupted by leg cramps (more on that below).

Cravings/Aversions: No cravings or aversions right now. I am a little bit hungrier these days so I make sure I eat a morning and afternoon snack-- usually fruit or trail mix in the morning and Greek yogurt in the afternoon. 

Exercise: My running goal is 40 miles this month and I'm about halfway there! Ryan, Holley and I are running the Gamecocks Run 6k on the 28th and I'm so excited... It will be Levi's first race! 

Movement: All day every day! Love it. I actually took a video of my belly moving the other day... you could see little Levi squirming around in there-- the coolest thing ever.  

Labor Signs/Symptoms: My pregnancy symptoms here lately have been heartburn and leg cramps. I cannot make it through the day without lots of Tums. I asked the doctor at our appointment on Thursday if I could overdose on Tums... he assured me I cannot. :) I went to lunch with my friend Sara Lynn this week and she told me the myth about heartburn and a full head of hair was true for her and her baby girl, Landry Nell. Ryan and I were both bald babies so it'll be interesting to see if my heartburn produces any hairy results for Levi! 

I've also been waking up with leg cramps for the last few weeks and have had a few charley horses in my right leg that have sent me jumping out of bed. Ouch! Since I am active, drinking lots of water, and getting enough calcium and potassium, the doctor said the best medicine is for my hubby to help with some leg massages. Hehe. I will take these symptoms over constant nausea and vomiting any day. :) 

Best moment this week: I came home from work on Thursday night to an early Valentine's gift from Ryan. He cooked us a steak dinner and then took me into Levi's room where he surprised me with an assembled crib!! Unbeknownst to me, the crib and changing table were delivered Thursday while I was at work, and after he went with me to our 25 week appointment that morning, he came home and put the crib together! On his day off of work! He put a card and cookie cake inside the crib... it was the cutest, most thoughtful thing ever. He wrote in the card, "I can't wait for it to be Levi instead of a cookie, but this will have to do until later." I hugged and kissed him and told him how sweet he was and then sadly had to tell him, "This is the wrong crib." Buy Buy Baby delivered the wrong one!!! Nooooo! Poor guy went through all that trouble for nothing. He said, "Oh well, at least I got some practice in before the right crib comes." Sweetest man alive. Here's a picture of my little surprise, the best Valentine and gift ever... 





What I am looking forward toRyan and I are going to Holley's ADPi Parent's Cocktail next weekend. I remember taking my parents when I was an ADPi and had the best time eating dinner and dancing with them. We will surely miss my Dad but I'm thankful Ryan and I can go and share this night with her. 

What I miss/What I'm loving: I have loved the second trimester of pregnancy. I understand now why people call this the "honeymoon" phase! It's so fun to feel him move, to finally be showing, and to start collecting things for his nursery. I think being sick in the beginning has made me even more grateful to feel so good now. I'm thankful for a healthy babe, energy, no sickness, and of course that great pregnancy hair!! haha :) I've been told not to get used to it since it may fall out after baby, but for now I'm loving it! 

What I’m reading: Ryan and I have been doing a parenting Bible study together every week called Ready to Launch: Jesus centered parenting in a child-centered world. It's been such a sweet time for us to read, discuss and pray together and it's made me even more grateful for Ryan and how he loves and leads me. He's a wonderful husband and is going to be a wonderful daddy.



((Proverbs 22:6))
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

No comments: