| Love his sweet little dedication outfit |
| Finley is never far :) |
Size: He is 13.2 pounds on our home scale. Up almost two whole pounds from last month thanks to no more vomitting! Still size 1 diapers but they are getting tight.
Eating: He is nursing 5 times a day every 3 hours (sometimes 3.5 hrs) but has become a very distracted little eater! He turns and looks at anyone who is talking or any noise made while he's nursing. Doesn't want to miss anything I guess! We usually turn the TV down or off and sit in silence quietly so he can nurse without distractions. ;)
Levi has officially dropped his 6th feeding (the 9 p.m. "dreamfeed"). It sort of happened accidentally but I've been following his lead. On Sept. 21 I nursed him like normal at 7 p.m. and put him down for his short cat nap before his final feeding. Well, he never woke up for it! So he slept from 8 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. which was a new record- 10.5 hours of straight sleep! I tried it again the next two nights and he did the same thing and slept 10.5 hours. So that's what we've been doing ever since. I'm now pumping in place of that last session so I can stockpile some milk in my freezer for later down the road and to keep up my milk supply.
I am now eating a diary and soy free diet after Levi was diagnosed with a milk soy protein intolerance (MSPI) by his pediatrician on Aug. 31 (more to come on that in a separate post). He is doing almost 100% better now that I am completely dairy and soy free. His symptoms are all gone except some green stools (only about half of the time and no longer mucousy- PTL!). I realize this is TMI but I want to document as much as I can. And it's my blog so I'll do what I want. hehe ;)
Here's his schedule at 4 months old-- I want to remember these details! It usually varies by 30 minutes or an hour depending on what time he wakes in the morning or how long he naps, but this is our general schedule:
Levi has officially dropped his 6th feeding (the 9 p.m. "dreamfeed"). It sort of happened accidentally but I've been following his lead. On Sept. 21 I nursed him like normal at 7 p.m. and put him down for his short cat nap before his final feeding. Well, he never woke up for it! So he slept from 8 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. which was a new record- 10.5 hours of straight sleep! I tried it again the next two nights and he did the same thing and slept 10.5 hours. So that's what we've been doing ever since. I'm now pumping in place of that last session so I can stockpile some milk in my freezer for later down the road and to keep up my milk supply.
I am now eating a diary and soy free diet after Levi was diagnosed with a milk soy protein intolerance (MSPI) by his pediatrician on Aug. 31 (more to come on that in a separate post). He is doing almost 100% better now that I am completely dairy and soy free. His symptoms are all gone except some green stools (only about half of the time and no longer mucousy- PTL!). I realize this is TMI but I want to document as much as I can. And it's my blog so I'll do what I want. hehe ;)
Here's his schedule at 4 months old-- I want to remember these details! It usually varies by 30 minutes or an hour depending on what time he wakes in the morning or how long he naps, but this is our general schedule:
6:30 a.m.: wake and nurse
7:30-9:30: nap (longest of the day)
9:30-10:30: nurse
10:30-11:30: play
11:30-12:30: nap
12:30-1:30: nurse
1:30-2:30: play
2:30-3:30: nap
3:30-4:30: nurse
4:30-5:30: play
5:30-6:30: nap
6:30: nurse
8:00: bed
Levi's "play" time usually consists of: activity mat, sitting in the bumbo with toys, tummy time, bath, running in the Bob jogging stroller, church, errands, playing and singing with mommy or daddy, etc.
Sleeping: Levi's 7.5-8.5 hours a night now looks like 9.5-10.5 hours a night! Woohoo! Thankful for a few extra hours of sleep and for some more free time in the evenings now that Levi has decided he's ready for an earlier bedtime. This child is still sleeping through the night-- even with all of his MSPI and teething problems!! His doctor was even shocked when I told him and claimed how "remarkable" it was!! I don't take it for granted and seriously thank God for it.
He's still swaddled for every nap and bedtime and just not ready to give it up yet. We tried several naps without it just to see what he would do and he slept for 15 minutes then woke up. So we decided to switch to the Halo Sleep Sack swaddle a couple of weeks ago and he really likes it. I like it because it serves as a blanket and a swaddle and I can put his arms in or out.
Milestones:
~teething (two front on bottom) and has almost every symptom in the book!
~very interested in and loves to reach for whatever we have in our hands: food, remote, phone, his bottle, etc.
~reaching for me and touching my face :)
He's still swaddled for every nap and bedtime and just not ready to give it up yet. We tried several naps without it just to see what he would do and he slept for 15 minutes then woke up. So we decided to switch to the Halo Sleep Sack swaddle a couple of weeks ago and he really likes it. I like it because it serves as a blanket and a swaddle and I can put his arms in or out.
Milestones:
~teething (two front on bottom) and has almost every symptom in the book!
~very interested in and loves to reach for whatever we have in our hands: food, remote, phone, his bottle, etc.
~reaching for me and touching my face :)
~can pick things up like his paci, Sophie, a rattle, burp cloth
~tries really hard to sit up
~tries really hard to sit up
~working on putting his paci in his mouth. Almost there!
Likes: Loves laughing and making noise/squealing and when we laugh back at him, being tickled on his neck and back, sucking on his fingers/fist-- he constantly has his hands in his mouth!!, being held/talked to/sung to, pulling my hair, dancing aka when we move his legs and arms,starting to like rough housing (when we pretend to toss him in the air or put him above our head and that kind of thing- he giggles so hard!), still loving his play mat and hanging toys.
Dislikes: Can't think of anything really other than being unattended. He doesn't like to be left alone and would really rather be held or sitting in your lap than anywhere else.
Likes: Loves laughing and making noise/squealing and when we laugh back at him, being tickled on his neck and back, sucking on his fingers/fist-- he constantly has his hands in his mouth!!, being held/talked to/sung to, pulling my hair, dancing aka when we move his legs and arms,starting to like rough housing (when we pretend to toss him in the air or put him above our head and that kind of thing- he giggles so hard!), still loving his play mat and hanging toys.
Dislikes: Can't think of anything really other than being unattended. He doesn't like to be left alone and would really rather be held or sitting in your lap than anywhere else.
((John 1:16))
For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.






No comments:
Post a Comment