Size: Switched to size 2 diapers a few weeks
ago. Wearing size 6 month clothes. At his 10/22/15 well visit he weighed 14.4
lbs and was 25 inches long.
Eating: Nurses 5 times a day every 3.5 or so
hours (or takes 5 oz of breast milk in a bottle) and we are now dairy, soy and GLUTEN free. He had a reaction to (what we
know now) was gluten a couple of weeks ago. I made (and enjoyed!!) this
amazing, dairy and soy free, from scratch, chocolate chip cookie recipe that
called for 2+ cups of flour and he reacted to it a few days later. We know it
was gluten because I basically eat the same things every day and the only thing
new to my diet was the cookies. While I had been eating small doses of gluten in
my diet (like pita bread) since I've been dairy and soy free, I haven't had
baked goods or that much flour since he was born. His reaction came on strong
and consisted of a red rash on his face/cheeks, diaper rash, vomitting, rough
eczema patches on arms and tummy, diarrhea, and trouble napping. Doctor
confirmed our suspicions on 10/22 and advised me to now cut out gluten. This
time took a little bit longer to clear his system-- about 2 weeks. It's another
challenge to work through but still more than worth the sacrifice to
breastfeed. By God's grace, we can do this!
We are planning to follow the AAP suggestion and begin solids at 6 months. I am also planning to make our own baby food and I'm pretty excited about it! My friend Sara Lynn referred me to this website for help with introducing solids and making your own baby food. Check it out!
Sleeping: Still sleeping great at night
(usually 10 or 11 hours) and we've dropped a nap so he has more awake time
during the day. He takes 3 naps a day: 2+ hr morning, 1.5 hr afternoon, 1 hr
evening. The goal is to put him to bed no later than 8:30 p.m.
Milestones:
~Puts paci and bottle in and out of his mouth
~Rolls side to side and working on rolling
from back to tummy (UPDATE! Rolled from back to tummy on 10/30!)
~Sits up with support (but would rather
stand)
~Very curious about everything! I love
watching him learn and take in his surroundings
Likes: He LOVESSSSS his "precious planet" jumper/exercauser-- he could jump for days, petting Finley, things that light up- toys, phone, TV, vaccuum, blowing bubbles with his mouth, playing peekaboo, really taking interest in his loveys (and it melts my heart), singing Wheels on the Bus and Old McDonald and hearing all the animal "noises" with mommy, touching faces, shaking his rattle, when he hears/sees Daddy, feeling new textures (loves to scratch the couch and other surfaces)
Dislikes: Still the same here... this child is happiest when he can see or touch people :)








No comments:
Post a Comment